Green Cards

Are You a US Citizen Seeking a Green Card for Your Parents?

Family-Based Green Card Lawyer in San Francisco Here to Help

If you are United States citizen trying to get your parents to live here as green card holders, you should retain experienced representation right away. A skilled lawyer will be able to efficiently guide you and your loved ones throughout the legal process while protecting your rights and best interests.

At The Law Office of Zhang, our San Francisco attorney has a comprehensive understanding of this complex practice area. You can trust her to provide you and your parents with the effective legal services you need and deserve.

At The Law Office of Zhang, you can expect:

  • Professionalism and honesty
  • Big firm experience, small firm focus
  • Thoroughness and transparency in everything we do
  • Step-by-step guidance throughout the immigration process

To schedule a consultation with our family-based green card attorney in San Francisco, please call us today at (415) 761-2732.

About Eligibility & the Green Card Process

To file a petition for your parents to obtain green cards, you need to be a United States citizen and be at least 21 years old. Green card holders are not able to petition their parents to permanently reside in the United States.

In addition to numerous documents such as:

You will also need to fill out and file Form I-130.

Then, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will contact you to let you know whether or not your petition was approved.

If it is approved and your parents live outside of the United States, they will be notified to visit the closest U.S. consulate and finish the visa processing.

If denied, the letter informing you of the denial will let you know how you can file an appeal. After your appeal fee and form are processed, the Board of Immigration Appeals will review your appeal.

Ready to Discuss Your Case?

Attorney Emma Zhang has a strong background in handling a wide range of immigration matters. Discuss your case with us today.

Family Preference Green Cards

Immigration law allows the certain family members of U.S. citizens and permanent residents to apply for a green card.

Spouses, parents, and minor children under 21 years of age of U.S. citizens are considered immediate relatives and can file Form I-485 while they are physically present in the U.S.

Applicants must have:

  • Undergone inspection
  • Be eligible to receive an immigrant visa
  • And have nothing that would otherwise bar them for a Green Card

Other family members not considered immediate relatives are also eligible to apply for Green Cards, including:

  • Unmarried children of lawful permanent residents who are over the age of 21
  • Married children of lawful permanent residents
  • And siblings of lawful permanent residents

As long as the Greed Card applicant doesn’t have any other restrictions that may bar them from applying.

Call The Law Office of Zhang today at (415) 761-2732 or contact us online to learn more about how our family-based green card lawyercan help you.

  • “Emma is extremely knowledgeable and experienced in immigration law.”

    - Jia Y.
  • “Everything this firm and Emma did for me and my wife was excellent.”

    - Matthew B.
  • “Emma is a great immigration lawyer and a great human being.”

    - Brownie L.

Collaborate With Us Today

Schedule Your Consultation
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please enter your company name.
  • Please enter message.