EB-1 Green Card Lawyer in San Francisco
Providing Quality Legal Representation throughout all of California
At The Law Office of Zhang, our legal team has years of experience with helping individuals just like you obtain access to the United States through EB-1 green cards, which permit entry based on extraordinary talents and academic presences. You can eliminate the confusing challenges associated with immigration laws and processes by allowing our San Francisco immigration attorney to assist with your EB-1 green card filing from start to finish. From collecting pertinent documents and filling out the correct application to submitting everything in a timely manner, we are here to simplify it all and do everything we can to see your case end with a success.
Contact us today at (415) 761-2732 to schedule a consultation with our immigration attorney in San Francisco.
Eligibility Based on Extraordinary Ability
If you stand out in your field, you may be able to enter the United States with an EB-1 green card based on extraordinary ability. According to United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) mandates, you need to be able to prove you are “extraordinary” in the fields of science, art, education, business, or athletics. To prove that you are extraordinary, you need to fulfill at least 3 of 10 possible requirements set by the USCIS.
The 10 possible prerequisites you can meet are providing evidence of:
- National or international awards for excellence.
- Membership to prestigious and related associations.
- Major publications discussing your role in your field.
- An association asking you to judge the work of others in your field.
- Significant contributions you have made to your field.
- Published articles you wrote in regards to your field.
- Related work you created being displayed to the public.
- Your role leading or greatly supporting a relevant organization.
- Your comparatively higher salary than others in your field.
- Your performing arts critical successes.
It is worth noting you do not need any offer of employment to file for an EB-1 green card based on your extraordinary ability. You can attempt to enter and stay in the United States using this immigration form and then look for work once you arrive.
To apply for an EB-1 green card as an outstanding professor and researcher, you must show proof that you are internationally recognized for your achievements within your field of study. You must also have three years of experience in your field, either in academia or research. Furthermore, residency in the United States is for the sole purpose of earning tenure, or a similar position, at your university. In fact, before an Eb-1 green card of this nature can be approved, you will need to secure and provide an offer of employment from an employer in the United States.
To be seen as an outstanding researcher by the USCIS, you must submit at least two of the six following forms of documentation:
- Receipt of a significant award based on outstanding achievements.
- Membership records in an association that values relevant outstanding work.
- Publications from other professionals about your work.
- Participation as a judge or panelist to review the work of others in the same or similar fields.
- Original scholarly or scientific research contributions.
- Your own relevant publications, articles, or reports.
Individuals can also qualify for an EB-1 green card as a person with extraordinary ability in a multinational managerial or executive position. To be eligible, you must have held managerial or executive employment in your field for at least one year within the last three years. Your employer must also seek your entrance into the United States in order to continue your employment.
Outstanding Legal Support for the Extraordinary
No matter the reason why you are seeking an EB-1 green card, the matter can get complicated if you are not familiar with immigration law. Let our immigration lawyer act as your guide and advocate to give your immigration case the best possible chances of success. We are not satisfied with a case result unless you are!
Please give us a call today at (415) 761-2732 to learn more about EB-1 green cards. Our San Francisco lawyer is also fluent in Mandarin and serves Spanish speaking clients upon request.
“I have to say Emma is the best immigration lawyer I met.”- Rui M.
“I highly recommend working with Emma.”- Vincent D.
“Emma was the best immigration lawyer for me and my family.”- IIenia T.