H-1B Visa

H-1B Visa Lawyer in San Francisco

Protecting Your Rights & Fighting for Your Best Interests in California

An H-1B visa allows a company in the United States to temporarily employ foreign workers. In order to qualify for an H-1B visa, the individual must work in an occupation that requires highly specialized knowledge. The individual must also have a related bachelor's degree or higher, or its equivalent. The attorney at The Law Office of Zhang have years of experience in helping individuals file their visa petitions.

Learn how our attorneys can help you with your H-1B visa. Contact us online or call (415) 761-2732. Our San Francisco visa lawyer also speaks Mandarin and serves Spanish speaking clients upon request.

Filing an H-1B Visa Petition

Filing a petition is a multi-step process. First, you must complete Form I-129, signing all required forms. When submitting your application, make sure to include payment for the fees and corroborating evidence. Like every other visa application, it is important that you accurately complete the forms. We highly recommend that you speak to our seasoned H-1B visa attorney when completing your application.

Duration of Stay

Individuals with an H-1B visa are initially allowed to stay in the country for three years. Extensions are granted in one-year increments with a maximum total stay not to exceed six years. However, certain exceptions can be made to the maximum time allowed. One of the benefits of an H-1B visa is that individuals can have legal immigration intent while holding this type of visa, allowing them to live in the country while petitioning for a green card.

H-1B2 Visa Requirements

An H-1B2 visa is given to the Department of Defense researchers and development project workers. In order to qualify, the individual's job duties must require a bachelor's degree or higher, or its equivalent. Additionally, the research or project must be directly, or jointly, administered by the U.S. Department of Defense.

Qualified applicants must meet one of the following requirements to petition for an H-1B2 visa:

  • Has earned a project-related bachelor's degree, or higher, from an accredited U.S. college or university
  • Has earned a foreign degree that is equivalent to a bachelor's degree in the U.S.
  • Currently holds certification, registration, or licensure in a U.S. state in a specialty that is directly related to their job duties
  • Has extensive training, education, and experience that is equivalent to a bachelor's degree in the related field

To learn if you qualify for an H-1B visa, call our San Francisco immigration lawyer today at (415) 761-2732.

  • “Emma is extremely knowledgeable and experienced in immigration law.”

    - Jia Y.
  • “Everything this firm and Emma did for me and my wife was excellent.”

    - Matthew B.
  • “Emma is a great immigration lawyer and a great human being.”

    - Brownie L.

Collaborate With Us Today

Schedule Your Consultation
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.